Monday, June 4, 2012

Disney Princess Nails

Disney Princess Nails

I just tried nail art water decals for the first time. I found the water decals to be easier than the regular nail sticker decals. I was pretty surprised at how easily the water version transferred. To make this totally fun, I used Disney Princesses as the design! What can be better than Disney Princess water decals?

First, I cut out each Disney Princess into an individual square. Then, I placed the square decal into a warm cup of water. Once saturated, I took the decal out of the water. The princess then easily slipped right off of the paper backing onto my fingers. I first tried using a tweezer, but found it was easier to just use my fingers. Once the princess decal was removed from the wet paper, I just placed it onto my nail! Quick and easy.

I did find that applying a clear top coat of polish the next day actually messed up the princesses. It seemed to drag some of the color to make a smudged appearance. I'm not sure if maybe this was because the moisture plays a part in it all, but next time I use a water decal I'm not covering it with a clear coat.

This package included Belle, Ariel, Cinderella, Snow White, and Princess Tiana. (Where is Jasmine? Right?!) I'm in search for other characters I can use for more nail art!

Check out the awesome English on this packaging lol!

Cut each decal out
Place the decal into the water
Remove the decal once it is saturated
Slide the decal off the paper
Place decal onto nail




End Result of Disney Princess Nails!:



Snow White
Belle, Beauty & the Beast
Ariel, The Little Mermaid
Cinderella
Princess Tiana

9 comments:

Nail Dazzler Nails said...

So cute. Love the Disney princess

Try It With Carmella said...

thank you! i sort of want to wear Disney princesses all the time haha.
thanks for visiting. :)

Paulina said...

This is such a good a idea. I have to give it a try.

Try It With Carmella said...

thanks! send me your post if you do try it! i loved the water decals- totally fun.

Arletta said...

This is so cute!
x

Marce7ina said...

How cute is that! I absolutely love Disney:D

Try It With Carmella said...

thanks!

Try It With Carmella said...

thanks! i love Disney too! i def have to try more

Ruprekha said...

Wonderful idea! Lovely blog.