Friday, June 1, 2012

PB & Dolce de Leche Chewy Fudge Brownies

I wanted to make some brownies but decided to try mixing things up! I used Chewy Fudge Brownie mix by Duncan Hines, but then mixed in Creamy Peanut Butter by Skippy and Sugar-Free Dolce De Leche Jell-O Pudding.


First, I simply followed the Duncan Hines directions to mix together the brownie mix and ingredients. Then, I took about 3 spoonfuls of Creamy peanut butter and added it to the mix. Tip: add more! I couldn't really even taste the peanut butter once the brownies were done.

Once the peanut butter and the brownie mix was mixed together, I placed it into the baking pan.

I also used one pudding-pack of Dolce de Leche by Jello. Dolce de Leche is one of my favorite flavors- EVER. I love dolce de leche ice-cream too! I first was introduced to the flavor by some special lemon-sugar dolce de leche cookies in Peru. I've been hooked ever since!

I first mixed up the pudding-pack so that the two layers were mixed together. Then, I just put the Dolce de Leche on top of the brownie mix, so that it served as a top layer. I swiveled the pudding over the top layer with a spoon in order to make a fun design, almost like marbling. Once I was happy with the appearance, I put the whole concoction in the oven!

Close-up marbling
I tried this fun combo and enjoyed it. I just wish I had used more PB! What weird combos have you tried to make baking more exciting?


Baked brownies 



5 comments:

Dez said...

I made brownies a few weeks ago with a box of dark chocolate brownie mix, crumbled up nutter butter cookies and peanut butter chips. YUM!

Try It With Carmella said...

Sounds good!

Paulina said...

Looks yummy.

Try It With Carmella said...

thanks paulina!

Jody said...

Makes me think of Sara - douche de louche...