Friday, September 28, 2012

Red Velvet Cake and Cream Cheese Icing






Red velvet cake is a favorite in my house... and what really makes red velvet cake good is the cream cheese frosting! Using vanilla or something else just isn't the same, am I right? I even bought brandie new baking pans for this because I needed new round pans. However, this concoction somehow tasted weird. And I made this with a box mix and packaged icing... nothing from scratch- so where did I go wrong? I wound up throwing out most of this cake. At least we could still eat the leftover icing ha!

3 comments:

Margesja said...

omg that looks delicious
ever since ive seen the next great baker i always see the red velvet cake
i have no idea what it taste like but i always get hungry when i see it hahaha

Try It With Carmella said...

u should try it! just make sure it has the cream cheese icing!

Katie Simpson said...

Mmmmm that looks sooo delicious!