Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Vanilla Cupcake

Vanilla Cupcake scented fragrance oil by Yankee Candles sounds really yummy and smells equally yummy when you sniff the top of the container, but once used, left me a little disappointed.  The description provided says it is a "rich, creamy aroma" ... "with hints of lemon and lots of buttery icing."  Although the oil was pleasant, I really didn't grasp any buttery or creamy scents. I also found that I had to be standing pretty close to my oil burner in order to smell this one. I even put it in two separate burners to try to promote the scent.  I prefer scents that fill the area and overwhelm your senses a bit, which this did not do.  That being said, I still think this scent was good! I asked my boyfriend what fragrance he thought I was burning and he guessed citrus.... when I told him it was vanilla cupcake he suddenly seemed to agree with the name- so maybe it does accurately smell like vanilla cupcake. It just didn't to me! I was hoping my home would smell like a kitchen with some warm cupcakes in the oven.

No comments: